A Family Place library offers:
- A specially designed welcoming space for families with very young children to relax, play and share books together.
- A five-week Parent/Child Workshop program series for toddlers, parents and caregivers. Fun and play-based, the program provides an environment rich with toys, books and art activities and an opportunity for families to spend time together, make friends and talk one-on-one with early childhood and family support specialists.
- Collections of books, toys, music and multimedia materials for babies, toddlers, parents and service providers.
- Services developed in partnership with community organizations including outreach to new and/or underserved audiences such as new moms, immigrant and low income families.
- Librarians specially trained in child development and family support.